What courses are required to become an NRA Rifle Instructor?
- Completion of the official NRA Basic Rifle Student Course ($149) within the last 24 months.
- Completion of the NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) Course ($99).
- Completion of the NRA Rifle Instructor Course ($199).
- The Rifle Student + Instructor Courses are only $298 in total in this program!
What are the other requirements?
- Positive attitude about firearms, firearms safety and the responsible exercise of our firearms rights.
- Sincere desire to help others to become safe and effective with a rifle.
What can you do with this credential?
- Teach the NRA First Steps Rifle Student Orientation.
- Teach the NRA Basic Rifle Student Course.
- Teach other non-NRA rifle student courses based upon your training, experience and skills.
- Teach family, loved ones, friends and co-workers plus other law-abiding folks.
- Teach firearms courses as a sideline or make it a real business.
Who may take this course?
- Law-abiding citizens and legal residents who are not prohibited from possessing firearms.
- Adults 21 and over become NRA Certified Rifle Instructors.
- Ages 18 – 20 become NRA Assistant Rifle Instructors.
- Ages 13 – 17 become NRA Apprentice Rifle Instructors.
This instructor course is usually paired with BIT ($99) so that both courses can be completed in a single weekend. If you need to complete the Basic Rifle Student Course ($99), which is also a requirement, we usually offer it on the weekend before the instructor course and/or on the immediately-preceding Friday to make it a 3-day program.