What courses are required to become an NRA Shotgun Instructor?
- Completion of the official NRA Basic Shotgun Student Course ($149) within the last 24 months.
- Completion of the NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) Course ($99).
- Completion of the NRA Shotgun Instructor Course ($199).
- The Rifle Student + Instructor Courses are only $298 in total in this program!
What are the other requirements?
- Positive attitude about firearms, firearms safety and the responsible exercise of our firearms rights.
- Sincere desire to help others to become safe and effective with a shotgun.
What can you do with this credential?
- Teach the NRA First Steps Shotgun Student Orientation.
- Teach the NRA Basic Shotgun Student Course.
- Teach other non-NRA shotgun student courses based upon your training, experience and skills.
- Teach family, loved ones, friends and co-workers plus other law-abiding folks.
- Teach firearms courses as a sideline or make it a real business.
Who may take this course?
- Law-abiding citizens and legal residents who are not prohibited from possessing firearms.
- Adults 21 and over become NRA Certified Shotgun Instructors.
- Ages 18 – 20 become NRA Assistant Shotgun Instructors.
- Ages 13 – 17 become NRA Apprentice Shotgun Instructors.